Terms and Conditions
Fees, enrollment & refunds
1. In the event of a student failing to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school, (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.) No refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be gained.
2. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee. If you cancel your enrollment less than 45 days prior to the start date, no money paid towards your course will be refunded & 50% of the total balance will be due. If you cancel your course within 30 days then the full balance of the course will be due immediately. If monies are not paid we reserve the right to appoint a debt recovery agent. If you do not pay your course in full at time of booking it is mandatory that all students are set up on a payment plan via GlamCandy.
3. The balance of the full course fee should be paid to GlamCandy no less than 45 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
5. If you would like to make a ‘note of interest’ on one of our courses we will contact you when someone else is interested in the course and you will be offered the place first. If you cannot pay the deposit then the course will be offered to the other interested party.
6. A student is accepted for enrollment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
7. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
8. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been made.
9. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
HOURS, ATTENDANCE & ACHIEVEMENT
10. STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY OF THEIR COURSE OR MODULE AT THE TIME STATED ON THEIR CONFIRMATION LETTER. FAILURE TO ATTEND THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR COURSE OR MODULE WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM ATTENDING ANY FURTHER PART OF THAT COURSE OR MODULE, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID OR OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE START DATE OR COURSE.
11. For assessment-based courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. You must also have 100% attendance in the Student classroom. You are required to spend additional time after the course to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance in the first 4 weeks of your course. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school.
12. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the School’s Director without prior notice.
13. The School will be closed on all UK public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course nor reduction in fees given.
14. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfillment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the Education Director is final in all cases.
15. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
16. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompanies their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to GlamCandy Ltd, 16 William Street Edinburgh EH3 7NH.
17. It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that GlamCandy UK LTD receives the amount in full.
18. When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail or fax to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and / or reference number.
19. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
20. The wearing of the School’s uniform is required for all students unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Dress Code.
21. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Education Director who also reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. His/her decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
22. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
23. All course contents, their elements and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
24. Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending GlamCandy Makeup School.
25. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged and at the expense of the student.
26. Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
27. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. Also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the Director shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
28. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately.
29. Any student who is seen to be using our private forum on social media for anything other than what is outlined in your course booklet will be removed from the forum immediately without warning.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
30. We will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification. GlamCandy UK Ltd are registered with the (ICO) Information Commissioners Office.